When looking for Shopify Payments alternatives, you need to find a payment provider that will work for you and your customers. You want platforms that will help you make Shopify payment refunds with ease and keep your customers' information safe.
While Shopify Payments may work fine for some merchants, others aren’t eligible to use it or it’s not available in their country.
The good news is that there are many payment options available in today's market. They all have their unique benefits and drawbacks.
In this article, we will discuss the top five Shopify Payments alternatives so that you can choose the right payment services for your Shopify store.
What Are Payment Providers?
Payment providers are the various platforms you can use to accept payments on your Shopify store. They allow you to process transactions quickly and securely.
The best Shopify payment providers are secure. They use top-tier security procedures such as Address Verification System (AVS) checks and velocity pattern analysis to protect your customers' data.
They also have features such as one-click payments, making the checkout process faster and easier for your customers. The best payment gateways are easy to use and are accepted in most countries - making them ideal for Shopify merchants.
5 Best Shopify Payments Alternatives
Here are the best Shopify Payments alternatives as well as their pros and cons. This should help you choose the best payment method for your store.
With over 392 Million users spread across 200 countries, PayPal is one of the most popular payment methods in the world. It allows you to process both card and bank payments on your Shopify store.
This payment method has paid and free plans. The paid plan offers chargeback protection, recurring billing, and fraud detection.
The free platform is perfect for small businesses that are just starting. It has all the essential features needed to process payments in your store.
- Flat-rate pricing structure. PayPal's pricing is straightforward. You are charged a flat rate regardless of the payment method used or the country you're in.
- Refunds. Processing refunds is easy with PayPal. All you need to do is log in to your PayPal account and follow the instructions.
- Wide range of currencies. PayPal supports over 26 currencies, which gives you the flexibility to accept payments from customers in different parts of the world.
- Inconsistent customer service. Some customers have complained about the poor quality of PayPal's customer service.
- Closing Accounts. Paypal is known for limiting and closing accounts without warning. This can be a massive inconvenience for businesses that rely on PayPal for processing payments.
If you are looking for a Shopify Payments alternative that will make transactions, refunds, and chargebacks easy, then Stripe is the perfect solution for you.
Stripe comes with many features that make it a popular choice for online businesses. They include recurring billing, fraud detection, and one-click payments. Its features support large-scale growth, making it perfect for businesses looking to expand their operations.
This payment method is available in over 47 countries. It supports a wide range of currencies, making it perfect for businesses that operate in multiple countries.
- Instant set up. This payment method can be set up in minutes, which means you can start processing payments immediately.
- Easy checkout. Stripe's one-click payment feature makes the checkout process faster and easier for your customers.
- Excellent customer service. Stripe's customer service is one of the best in the industry. They are always willing to help and are very responsive.
- Geographical limitations. Since Stripe is not available in every country, you will need to look for an alternative if your business is based outside supported jurisdictions.
WorldPay is a payment provider that has been tested and trusted by some of the world's leading brands. It offers a wide range of features perfect for online businesses. It supports both card and bank payments. With this Shopify Payments alternative, you can also accept payments online or via the phone.
One thing that stands out about WorldPay is its customer service. They are always willing to help and are very responsive to queries.
- Global presence. WorldPay is available in over 200 countries, which gives you the flexibility to accept payments from customers all over the world.
- Excellent customer service. One of the reasons why WorldPay is a popular choice for online businesses is its excellent customer service.
- Top-notch fraud protection. WorldPay has some of the best fraud protection features in the industry. This gives you peace of mind that your transactions are safe and secure.
- Pricing structure. The pricing structure can be a little confusing for first-time users.
- Information on its website is not transparent. Even though WorldPay is a popular payment method, some of the information on its website is not transparent. This can be confusing for first-time users.
Amazon Pay is, without a doubt, one of the most popular Shopify Payments alternatives in the world. It works through your internet browser, mobile app, or Alexa voice command technology.
It is a revolutionary payment method that allows customers to pay with the information stored in their Amazon account.
- Familiar checkout. The Amazon Pay checkout process is familiar to millions of customers worldwide. This will make the checkout process faster and easier for your customers.
- One-click payments. With Amazon Pay, you can enable one-click payments for your customers. This will make the checkout process even faster and easier.
- Geographical limitations. Amazon Pay is not available in every country, so you need to look for an alternative if your business is based outside accepted jurisdictions.
- Penalties and account closure. If you are caught violating Amazon's terms of service, your account may be closed, and you could face penalties.
With over 1.5 billion users, Apple Pay is a popular Shopify payment alternative. A recent study shows that 6% of people in the US who own iPhones use this feature. This shows how Apple pay is a great Shopify Payment alternative for your business.
This method allows users to make payments through contact-free technology. It is available on all Apple devices, including the iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
With this method, users can use Apple Card, a physical credit card that gives cashback on their purchases.
- Security. Using SSL and TLS encryption, Apple Pay is one of the most secure payment methods available.
- Easy to use. This payment method is very easy to use. All you need is an Apple device and the Wallet app.
- Offline use. You can use Apple Pay even if you don't have an internet connection.
- Only available on Apple devices. If your customers don't have an Apple device, they will not use this payment method.
- High fees. Apple Pay charges high fees for each transaction.
- No online shopping support. This payment method does not support online shopping. You will need to provide a different payment option for your online shoppers.
It can be daunting to decide on a Shopify payment provider for your business. But by taking the time to consider the factors mentioned above, you can make an informed decision that will be best for your business.
If you can’t use Shopify Payments, or don’t think it’s the best choice for your store, then the five Shopify Payments alternatives above are all great options for businesses of all sizes. Choose the one that best fits your needs and start processing your Shopify store’s payments today.